2 boxes of 1kg (1000g) Aquarium Activated Carbon - Ideal for larger filters, ponds or for keeping spares in stock.
Aquarium activated carbon is the perfect filter media for the removal of large organic molecules, chlorine pollutants, toxins and other chemical elements that are not removed by the use of a protein skimmer or other types of filtration.
iQuatics® Airo-Carbon has been designed and manufactured to the highest possible specifications; its high activity pelletised granular shape has a greater surface area that allows maximum flow and a high contact time, it also makes it great to use in almost all activated carbon filters and reactors.
Due to its sophisticated production process; its low ash content helps to keep the pH of the water stable. This is done by using selected grades of bituminous coal-based carbon which makes activated carbon the perfect water filter. Our bituminous carbon has the most transitional pores, varying in dimension rather than standard materials, which tend to have either small (micropores) or larger (macropores).
During testing iQuatics® Airo-Carbon outperformed other leading brands of carbon filer media making it one of the best activated carbons available to the aquarist.
• High Iodine Number • Low Ash
• High Molasses Efficiency • Low Impact on pH
• Surface Area 1100m2/g
Let results of this filter media carbon speak for themselves!
Check out our other aquarium activated carbon bulk bundles for even better value!
Why not try out the iQuatics reusable filter nets? Iquatics reusable net bag
|Nett Weight||Approx 1000g x 2 (2kg)|
|Use with iQuatics filter nets||Yes - Approx 500g|
|Body Material||Bituminous Coal Based|
|Instructions||Follow YouTube video for installation|
|Packaging||Sealed bag within rigid cardboard box (2 x 1kg)|
- Quality Carbon – Review by Dan (Posted on 30/09/2018)
I have used many brands of carbon and found this amongst the best.
Little dust when rinsing, fizzles after rinsing which some brands don't.
Improved the clarity of my marine tank well.
Will buy again.
- Great Product – Review by originalguiness (Posted on 29/09/2015)
- Really happy with my purchase, its great stuff, would recommend to anyone
- great – Review by gazza (Posted on 01/05/2014)
- Fantastic delivery service. My reef tank is healthier Than ever. Great Product.
- very impressed – Review by Katrina Graham (Posted on 08/04/2014)
I was recently lucky enough to win a box of Airo Carbon from iQuatics and just wanted to give a quick review of how I've found it so far.
Overall I'm very impressed with it, there is very little dust from it compared to other brands I've tried, the size of the pellets make them easy to use in either a reactor or in an external filter. I had bought the mesh bags previously when I ordered light tubes (also excellent) and these are just perfect for the carbon and a lot tidier when changing it.
Airo carbon is a very practical and cost effective product and I'll definitely be buying it again when I run out of the box I won!
- looks good so far – Review by John C (Posted on 03/04/2014)
- too early to judge the product, but usual great delivery process, excellent customer service, fantastic price.
- Good – Review by Cenydd Smith (Posted on 28/03/2014)
- Carbon looks good, loving the sizzling sound when water hits for the first time when rinsing. I am starting off with 100g per filter to see how it goes.
- Excellent – Review by Neil Hayhow (Posted on 28/03/2014)
- I've been using the carbon for a week now and all seems good, been using it in a reactor like i always do and water is crystal clear and no yellowing, tank is looking great too. What i like the most about it was the very little dust content a quick run up in ro and cleared straight away
Write Your Own Review
In general: The deeper the Premium Activated carbon bed , the better it is. This is why iQuatics Premium Activated Carbon come is 1kg bags. The best performance will be achieved , if you have a deep activated carbon bed and a slow flow of water.
There are no product questions yet.
Choose a delivery that suits you
Due to the nature of the products that we manufacture our delivery methods have to be selected carefully to prevent damages in the post. Here are some of the methods we use:
|Time||Small Items||Large Items||Cost|
|FREE DELIVERY||3-5 Working Days|| Royal Mail/MyHermes
Monday - Friday
|1-3 Day Delivery|| 1-3 Working Days
|UPS Next Day Delivery|| Next Working Day*
|Next Working Day AM|| Next Working Day*
|Next Working Day PM|| Next Working Day*
|Next Working Day before 10.30am|| Next Working Day*
|Saturday Delivery||Saturday Only||
Royal Mail Saturday Delivery/
*Business address must have separate entrance and be open to the public, business’s registered at domestic addresses must use residential delivery option.
Islands & Highlands
|Time||Small Items||Large Items||Cost|
|FREE DELIVERY||4-5 working days||My Hermes||NOT AVAILIBLE||£0.00|
|2 - 3 Day Delivery||Monday - Friday||Royal Mail First Class Recorded||Courier Islands & Highlands||£14.99|
|Service||Zone 1||Zone 2||Zone 3||Zone 4||Rest of the World|
|Small Large||Call for Pricing||Call for Pricing||Call for Pricing||Call for Pricing|
|1 - 10 Days Royal Mail||£7.99 -||Call for Pricing||Call for Pricing||Call for Pricing||Call for Pricing|
|1 - 4 Days DHL/UPS||£5.99 - £15.99||Call for Pricing||Call for Pricing||Call for Pricing||Call for Pricing|