Our Dried reef rock is available in 10 & 20kg boxes (large quantities available on request)
Dry vs Wet
You're setting up a new aquarium and are having the internal argument about what rock to use!
There is no right or wrong answer to this, it’s down to the individual (although our dried reef rock is not harvested and left to dry, it’s collected from a sustainable source) so dried reef rock is more environmentally friendly!
It also has the advantage of minimising the risk of introducing those nasty unwanted pests and algae that can easily find their way into your aquarium when using wet live rock. These can be the headache of all headaches when they manifest themselves within an aquarium, which is why many aquarists are now opting for the dried rock approach.
With the abundance of bacto-boosters available on the market today, your dried rock can be as effective, just as quickly as it’s wet counterpart.
Even without the use of bacteria boosting your dried rock will be as effective after a 6-8 week curing as live wet rock, we recommend that your rock is cured in heated saltwater with a 100% water change somewhere in the middle.
We would always advise a thorough soaking of your dried rock (in RODI water) before adding to your aquarium, this would clear any dust that has formed and give chance for any remaining dead organics to detach before adding to your aquarium.
A mix of different size and shapes of rock will be sent depending on availability.
Please note that the colour of the rock may vary from that displayed.
|Use||Marine Aquarium or Sump|
- Good product – Review by Si (Posted on 04/02/2019)
- Very good quality. Competitively priced.
- Amazing value for money – Review by Andrew (Posted on 28/12/2018)
I'd been searching for about a fortnight for dried reef rock - and this was the only place that delivered what they said
Excellent quality, and amazing price - needed one big piece for my 10 Gallon tank and received a quality piece to chisel down to size
Trust me - this is THE only place to get quality dried reef rock in the UK
Will be coming back to them again
- Excellent as always – Review by Tropicaltone (Posted on 20/07/2018)
- As always iquatics delivered quickly and the selection and quality of reef rock was excellent. The rock needs to be cleaned and soaked before use but it's not as dirty as some suppliers of dry rock.
- Spot on Rock – Review by James (Posted on 15/06/2018)
- Ordered this pack for my Innovative Marine Nuvo Fusion 30L and I have to say the product is fantastic. I got sent a great selection of rocks some great plate pieces, some big boulders and plenty of filler pieces. It has really made my marine aquarium look stunning. The only thing that will make it look better now is some salty water and some fish! Service was great will highly recommend in the future.
- Perfect – Review by Ant (Posted on 03/03/2018)
- Great rock soke real great pieces of rock nice plates and nice rocks perfect box just what I need. Even better no nasties at all definitely recommended
- Brilliant – Review by Imsherriff (Posted on 01/02/2018)
- Looked around a lot as didn’t want pests off live rock so got this and live it know takes longer to go purple but no risk of apraxia or bristle worms top service from iquatics always helpfully all the time
- Top quality rock – Review by kiltmaker (Posted on 13/12/2017)
Was looking some interesting rock for my new tank! spotted this stuff looked to good to be true at the the price advertised . I wasn’t disappointed very nice rock indeed! Sent a mixture of flat pieces and interesting large bits .
It gets 5stars from me
Write Your Own Review
There are no product questions yet.
Choose a delivery that suits you
Due to the nature of the products that we manufacture our delivery methods have to be selected carefully to prevent damages in the post. Here are some of the methods we use:
|Time||Small Items||Large Items||Cost|
|FREE DELIVERY||3-5 Working Days|| Royal Mail/MyHermes
Monday - Friday
|1-3 Day Delivery|| 1-3 Working Days
|UPS Next Day Delivery|| Next Working Day*
|Next Working Day AM|| Next Working Day*
|Next Working Day PM|| Next Working Day*
|Next Working Day before 10.30am|| Next Working Day*
|Saturday Delivery||Saturday Only||
Royal Mail Saturday Delivery/
*Business address must have separate entrance and be open to the public, business’s registered at domestic addresses must use residential delivery option.
Islands & Highlands
|Time||Small Items||Large Items||Cost|
|FREE DELIVERY||4-5 working days||My Hermes||NOT AVAILIBLE||£0.00|
|2 - 3 Day Delivery||Monday - Friday||Royal Mail First Class Recorded||Courier Islands & Highlands||£14.99|
|Service||Zone 1||Zone 2||Zone 3||Zone 4||Rest of the World|
|Small Large||Call for Pricing||Call for Pricing||Call for Pricing||Call for Pricing|
|1 - 10 Days Royal Mail||£7.99 -||Call for Pricing||Call for Pricing||Call for Pricing||Call for Pricing|
|1 - 4 Days DHL/UPS||£5.99 - £15.99||Call for Pricing||Call for Pricing||Call for Pricing||Call for Pricing|