The Helvar twin 39w T5 ballasts are a slimline compact design which can be used as a replacement in most aquarium lighting units.
Designed to be use with High Output T5 tubes the Helvar T5 ballasts are capable of replacing any ballast be that failed or faulty from any other manufacturer, Tridonic, Phillips, Osram etc.
So if your T5 lighting is failing or your aquariums in the dark and your ballast is to blame, the Helvar Twin 39w T5 Ballast can help bring your aquarium back to its former glory.
These ballasts must be used with two HO T5 tubes, these will not power a single tube.
Please see which model you require from the table below:
|Model No||Compatibility||Tube Length||Number of Tubes|
|IQU-BAL-24W||24w (Standard)||550mm / 22"||2|
|24w||438mm / 18"||2|
|28w||590mm / 24"||2|
|IQU-BAL-39W||35w||742mm / 30"||2|
|39w (Standard)||850mm / 34"||2|
|IQB-45-54DBL||45w||895mm / 36"||2|
|54w (Standard)||1150mm / 46"||2|
|54w||1047mm / 42"||2|
|54w 1200||1200mm / 48"||2|
|IQB-80-SNG||80w||1450mm / 58"||1|
The iQuatics ballast should be used with solid single core cable (available from iQuatics) in:
- 1 Meter (2.99)
- 5 Meter (£5.99)
- 10 Meter (£9.99)
- IQU-BAL-24W - 270mm(l) x 22mm (h x 30mm (w)
- IQU-BAL-39W - 270mm(l) x 22mm (h x 30mm (w)
- IQB-45-54-DBL - 270mm(l) x 26mm (h x 32mm (w)
- IQB-80-SGL - 270mm(l) x 26mm (h) x 32mm (w)
|Total Output||39W X 2|
|Replacement Tubes||39w (Standard) 850mm / 34”|
|Tube Length||39w (Standard) 850mm / 34”|
|Mounting Method||Lighting Pendant/Electronic Controller|
|Use||Aquarium lighting pendant|
|Use With iQuatics Reflectors||Yes|
|Instructions||Follow YouTube video for installation|
|Specification||Standard IEC specification|
- On time – Review by Boardmickman (Posted on 12/02/2018)
- I’d just like to thank iQuatics for sending me my new Ballast T5 out to me with out delay, my tank was in darkness until it arrived, it’s the second one I’ve had off iQuatics and I would recommend them to anyone, I will be ordering a spare one soon,
- Lighting problem – Review by Legin (Posted on 02/01/2018)
- Shawn was very quick to respond to my emailed enquiry, he was able to diagnose the problem and very quickly dispatching replacement part which was received within a couple of days. Great service.
- Aquarium ballast – Review by Rab (Posted on 15/11/2017)
- Great item fitted and works a dream. On site description was perfect on a range of the products.
- top class goods – Review by tone (Posted on 14/06/2017)
- ordered part on internet good price and delivery was excellent.
- V. Good – Review by Jeff (Posted on 18/01/2017)
- my wiring didn`t match new item but on-line help was swift and helpful. good service and no problems with item.
- ***** – Review by Guzzirob (Posted on 12/11/2016)
- Good deal. Called back quick;y to explain wiering difference betwwen new and old
- Replacement Fluval Ballast – Review by Steve (Posted on 29/03/2016)
- I bought this Ballast to replace the broken one in my Fluval Profile light unit. It's a fairly simple job, straight swap. Works perfect. Saved buying a new light unit from Hagen.
- awesome ballast – Review by Chris tomo (Posted on 13/10/2014)
- Retrofitted this to my old aqua one tank i Just stopped over it fitted nice and snug then changed wires over and put in new iquatics tubes and done 5 mins job great light fast start no flicker or buzz
- Great – Review by t5 ballast (Posted on 23/09/2014)
- Product was delivered quickly. I needed help with the wiring and iquatics helped me with this. Product works well and i would definitely use iquatics again.
- Great item – Review by Snazzy (Posted on 12/05/2014)
- This item is not the cheapest on eBay, but not the most expensive. My decision to purchase from this seller proved to be the best as the ballast bought was not quite the same as what I already had. So emailed seller for advise which proved to be invaluable. Such a nice man (shawn). So my rating for this item is 10/10. Item came quickly even through the bank holiday. Extremely well packaged. I would not hesitate to recommend this seller and will most certainly use again without hesitation. Thank you so much iquatics.
- Happy customer – Review by andrew (Posted on 26/03/2014)
- Fast delivery ,quality product. Very happy customer.
- Ace – Review by Dickie (Posted on 04/03/2014)
Ordered ballsst online, and arrived the next day, Great service Guys and Girls
- T5 ballast – Review by sparky (Posted on 25/01/2014)
- very fast delivery easy to wire slim compact ballast instant start
- Very Helpful – Review by Yannis (Posted on 14/06/2013)
- Quick delivery, great product and technical help, recommend.
- Happy customer – Review by Nadine (Posted on 03/06/2013)
- Quick delivery A+++++++ very happy customer Thank you !!!!!
Write Your Own Review
Tip: T8 Tubes are 8/8 inch in diameter (26mm). T5 Tubes are 5/8 inch in diameter (16mm). When measuring the length of your tube, measure in mm from end to end without the pins. These ballasts are to be used with T5 HO tubes(see label) and not T8 26mm.
There are no product questions yet.
Choose a delivery that suits you
Due to the nature of the products that we manufacture our delivery methods have to be selected carefully to prevent damages in the post. Here are some of the methods we use:
|Time||Small Items||Large Items||Cost|
|FREE DELIVERY||3-5 Working Days|| Royal Mail/MyHermes
Monday - Friday
|1-3 Day Delivery|| 1-3 Working Days
|UPS Next Day Delivery|| Next Working Day*
|Next Working Day AM|| Next Working Day*
|Next Working Day PM|| Next Working Day*
|Next Working Day before 10.30am|| Next Working Day*
|Saturday Delivery||Saturday Only||
Royal Mail Saturday Delivery/
*Business address must have separate entrance and be open to the public, business’s registered at domestic addresses must use residential delivery option.
Islands & Highlands
|Time||Small Items||Large Items||Cost|
|FREE DELIVERY||4-5 working days||My Hermes||NOT AVAILIBLE||£0.00|
|2 - 3 Day Delivery||Monday - Friday||Royal Mail First Class Recorded||Courier Islands & Highlands||£14.99|
|Service||Zone 1||Zone 2||Zone 3||Zone 4||Rest of the World|
|Small Large||Call for Pricing||Call for Pricing||Call for Pricing||Call for Pricing|
|1 - 10 Days Royal Mail||£7.99 -||Call for Pricing||Call for Pricing||Call for Pricing||Call for Pricing|
|1 - 4 Days DHL/UPS||£5.99 - £15.99||Call for Pricing||Call for Pricing||Call for Pricing||Call for Pricing|